• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Realistic suggestions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
Can we have like 2 keys on the keyboard so if we are behind a wall, we can lean/tilt our head to the side (either left or right), so we don't expose our whole body or shoot covering fire?

You mean lean? Like around a corner.

Or do you mean blind firing over the top of the wall?

FlyingR

Oh my God! If one of the maps is going to be Pegasus bridge, can we please have a kit of Bagpipes?!?! Pretty please!!! I was reading about the "Mad Piper", and they went all the way to Benouville, which is where the bridge is at. I would love to walk down the bridge playing Blue Bonnets Over The Border!

I know this was after the actual parachute dropping, but still would be cool! :D

Fliper

I have an idea for legs damage highest level of leg damage ,Here it is : When you reach that level of damage you go to prone position and can change that position and your prone speed is lowered because you can't use legs for moving in that position .

Sydd

Doesn't take much to drift from realistic to fantasies I see... I didn't know you had a thing for men with skirts and bagpipes Ani :p

FlyingR

Doesn't take much to drift from realistic to fantasies I see... I didn't know you had a thing for men with skirts and bagpipes Ani :p

It's not a fantasy, it did happen in real life! This episode happened at a different time (sadly). They are kilts, not skirts and they are awesome! Nothing more manly than a guy with a kilt slashing his axe or sword around, chopping bodies with blood squirting everywhere!

Another suggestion, please no visible nametags unless you aim for a certain period of time at a person!

Wulfburk

Yeah please no visible nametags and any unecessary HUD. Honestly, i'd prefer if it was like Project Reality, where the HUD is pratically non existant. No ammo number, no mini map (press M for big map) DEFINITELLY no cross-hair, no kill messages.

Also MUMBLE integration would be pretty sweet. (like it comes installed automatically with the game and if you launch the game it launches automatically as well, like PR)

If damage is as Forgotten Hope 2, that would be awesome. (meaning rifle 1s1k etc etc, vonmudra dont fail us!).

edit: just saw this pic of the hud preview

http://www.tractionwars.com/media.php?do=view_image&id=70&gal=gallery

Though it has minimap and ammo amount, its quite minimalistic. i like :D

LuckyOne

Vanguard Friend
Note that the minimap & ammo counter are planned to be only shown on-demand, not always present. Think of it like the "situation check" button.

FlyingR

Note that the minimap & ammo counter are planned to be only shown on-demand, not always present. Think of it like the "situation check" button.

If you think about it, this will promote more teamwork... I mean, if you don't check your map or compass often you could get lost. Many new people will not get used to it, so the only way to know where you are going is to be with your squad rather than wandering by yourself.

I would love if the minimap instead of being like in FH2, or PR where a map just pops out, it would be like the soldier actually taking a map out, and if it is at night, you could press a button for like a flashlight. It reminds me the scene of Band of Brothers, when they land, Winters checks his map with his flashlight under a cape or something (but that wouldn't go in the game).

As well, you could take a compass out, or it would be right next to the map.

I know this might be too much, but I believe this would be very immersive. You would have to learn a lot, as if you were a soldier back then.

mmiedzianyy

If you think about it, this will promote more teamwork... I mean, if you don't check your map or compass often you could get lost. Many new people will not get used to it, so the only way to know where you are going is to be with your squad rather than wandering by yourself.

I would love if the minimap instead of being like in FH2, or PR where a map just pops out, it would be like the soldier actually taking a map out, and if it is at night, you could press a button for like a flashlight. It reminds me the scene of Band of Brothers, when they land, Winters checks his map with his flashlight under a cape or something (but that wouldn't go in the game).

As well, you could take a compass out, or it would be right next to the map.

I know this might be too much, but I believe this would be very immersive. You would have to learn a lot, as if you were a soldier back then.

Learning such advanced and demanding game is something only for advanced players. Lot's of casuals will discourage it at the beginning and this would limit the community. It's a method though, which will prevent us from "childlish" behaviour and will concentrate valuable players i think.
It all depends on how realistic the game would be.. as we know realism is a broadly understood subject :)

FlyingR

Yeah, I know, but players who would play this game will know exactly what they want, and they know this game is one of the few that can offer it. I would prefer to have 300 players who play seriously than 1 million people who just want to go kill and troll.

It's all about target market, I mean, many people who try PR at first get discouraged because instead of reading the manual or wanting to learn how to play, they just go in the game, ask questions that are in the manual, annoy people, choose whichever kit, steal assets, and wander alone, so in the end they don't understand anything and quit. If the devs want to have a million base members they are going to have to make it simple for everyone (that's why CoD is popular, because it's for people who want to kill fast and anybody can play it).

If it was for me, I would make the game as realistic as possible, so it filters out the "childish" behavior as you mentioned plus it would be a great experience for players who would want to play it seriously. I would love to immerse myself in the game being all like "**** me, I'm reliving WWII". That's what WWIIOL and IL-2 1946 achieve to do.

mmiedzianyy

Of course, as you mentioned, it's all about target market. ARMA is not trying to buy COD players, because these are 2 different products.
We all know that if you want to delight everybody at the end you won't satisfy nobody.

I would love to immerse myself in the game being all like "**** me, I'm reliving WWII"
Yes, that would be epic! And im sure that we will find out soon how it really was.

FlyingR

Of course, as you mentioned, it's all about target market. ARMA is not trying to buy COD players, because these are 2 different products.
We all know that if you want to delight everybody at the end you won't satisfy nobody.

Yes, that would be epic! And im sure that we will find out soon how it really was.

What you just said there is basically what they taught me in my 4 years of international marketing bachelor's degree... well this sucks... :laugh:

Yeah, Arma, especially the mod Tactical Battlefield is not for COD players at all... that's also one of the most realistic mods/games out there. It would be better if this game was for a selected/targeted group of people rather for millions of players (unless they do like realism games), because this group of people truly appreciates not only the game, but the effort and work that the team really puts in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.