• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Traction War's Competitors

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmiedzianyy

I got home 15 minutes ago and 1st thing i do i run my computer to check the website because today is the DAY and... whyyyy?! :(

Sydd

Well, now that we know maniche cant get his paws on the cookies, we can share it with everyone! save maniche... Hell I could probably treat my idiot camel too!!

Btw, Ani's treat! He said cookies on the house. Offer's excluded for maniche :|

I'd hardly call that a gameplay video, it's proof of life, but gameplay - far from. We have plenty of videos (examples here for those interested : https://www.youtube.com/user/tractionwars/videos) Not to mention the dozens of videos people can't see of dev play tests.

The above comment just further reaffirms my belief this thread is just here to cause some upset.

I'm not going to engage in an argument of semantics with you. Cleary we both have different definitions of what qualifies a 'game play video'...arguing that would be an exercise in futility.

Pjosip

Vanguard Backer
I personally don't believe a game in early stage of development can produce a "gameplay" video.

A gameplay video would imply that it's the video of somebody playing the game, whitch would imply there is a finished game or at least a minimum viable product to play.

If FE's gameplay involves a rather simplistic singleplayer gameplay in a half-assed map and a nuclear bomb being detonated closeby making me instantly blind I would be rather dissapointed.

(keep in mind, this is my opinion, not some universal truth I wish to enforce upon you)

However similarely to the videos displayed by the OP TW does in fact have videos showcasing part of the game, like guns being fired at the gun range and representation of tank combat.

And about competition, TW may have competetors that are competing with it, but since TW does not plan to in any way monetize their product they are not actually competing with anyone.

It's like comparing me giving @Maniche some home-baked cookies, and a giant cookie factory. While the factory has the marketing and production brought to perfection that does not mean they are neccesarely better than mine, just that they sell better.

And I am all for home-baked cookies :D

Last edited:

Sydd

What happened to that video I just watched?!! ???

Nah, gameplay vids... not a good idea. IMO they should make dev diaries discussing about what they are working on and what all is done and you know.. whatever they want to share.

Aristle

An interesting concept for sure, but free to play vs pay to play will be an interesting match to see unfold. While we haven't updated as of late, there's still a LOT in development.

I think we'll be able to see free to play vs. pay to play in action soon, with Project Reality and Squad.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see a lot of competition, except a few games. If TW does a good job, they'll receive a lot of players, especially since it's going to be a F2P game. I just hope there are a lot of people who are interested in a realistic WW II game.

Aristle

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see a lot of competition, except a few games. If TW does a good job, they'll receive a lot of players, especially since it's going to be a F2P game. I just hope there are a lot of people who are interested in a realistic WW II game.

I was trying to reply, but I couldn't quite capture what you mean. When you talk about competition between games, are you referring to F2P WW2 games, or something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.